HOW CAN YOU RECOVER FROM HOLIDAY WEIGHT GAIN?
If you have gone on a holiday recently, you may realise that it isn’t necessarily hard to eat clean. Then again, you’re on holiday’s, so that means your diet and ﬁtness are on holiday’s too! It can be very easy to go on a binge fest where you eat and drink everything in sight. What isn’t easy is recovering from that holiday binge and losing the extra baggage!
Thoughts that go through your head early in your holiday:
▪ I’m on holiday’s, I need to let myself relax… Even with my diet.
▪ Damn that Cheesecake sure looks good!
▪ Burgers? Yes! Don’t forget the fries!
▪ Beer, wine, cocktails? Yes! Line them up!
Thoughts that go through your head towards the end of your vacation:
▪ Holy crap, why did I eat all of that?
▪ Good lord that’s a big Margarita!
▪ Did I just completely ruin my diet?
▪ How long will I need to exercise when I get home to recover?
What to do?
Well, you could do the following:
▪ Beat yourself up because you are so mad at yourself… (That’s just not nice)
▪ Get liposuction… (That’s expensive)
▪ Go on a “blow out your b-hole”, Hollywood cleanse diet… (That’s just painful)
SO WHAT’S A GOOD RECOVERY PLAN?
▪ Accept the fact that you’ve gained weight and move on. Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself doesn’t do anything.
▪ Get back into eating right, avoiding all alcohol for a few weeks (your body needs to detox)
▪ Get back into doing regular exercise and go hard! Whether it’s training outdoors, hitting the gym, seeing your PT or doing a class, just as long you get that heart pumping!
▪ Cut out all processed foods and takeaway!
THERE YOU HAVE IT!
Holiday weight gain happens… And we believe in enjoying your holiday and relaxing, but you can also minimize the impact and easily recover from the weight gain. If you need some tips on how to help maintain weight overseas read our previous blog: http://all4fitness.com.au/our-tips-to-maintain-weight-whilst-on-holiday/ If you need help getting back on track from your holiday, please contact one of the trainers at All 4 Fitness and we will point you in the right direction for training & dietary advice!